Sunday, June 21, 2015

What is your best dream?

Do you have a favorite dream? I do, it has changed a little bit over the years, but it is ultimately the same.
photo from Family Guy

I win the BIG money lottery. Then I imagine all the amazing things I can do with the money. I usually set up my church and my kids school pretty nicely. After that I find my home. I used to want a big compound for friends to have homes in and I would have a mongo-huge house.

Now I think what would be ever so much nicer is lots and lots of land maybe in Argentina. I would build a main house, nothing too crazy. A central kitchen with four bedrooms each with a nice bathroom and big soaking tub. A large office for my craftiness and for Mike for his what-nots. We would have another decent sized building that I imagine to be an entertaining area, not unlike a reception hall. A big kitchen with bread warmers, plenty of sinks and counter space. It will have a large eating area that can be very versatile from eating to dancing, playing or watching movies on a large projector screen.

There will be a decent sized bunkhouse and showers, because you know friends and family will want to come visit and you will want them to feel comfortable, buuuutttt you don't want them to be so comfortable that they don't leave ;-)

My dream varies on a few ideas, but what stays constant is all the good things we could do for others. Never for the bragging rights but for the sheer joy of helping someone achieve what they are meant to be. I have shared my dream with my family and it has become a collective dinner table 'what would you do' discussion. I love hearing the amazingly generous things my daughters would do with the money. I am a very proud momma.

What do you dream about?

3 comments:

  1. My dreams change as I have gotten older. I dream about now being done with school and working at a job I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream a lot! I never go a day without a dream in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams are more important than most people think. I love how they allow you to take a look into yourself. I have attempted to write a whole book off of a dream that I have had, and I am sure I am not the only one. I have never gotten around to it but I think the idea of a dream diary is pretty cool to.

    ReplyDelete